- We offer visa service to citizens/ legal residents of States of California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Alaska and Hawaii. Visa applications of third country visitors to the US are not accepted.
- Applications can be submitted with us in person or via mail. Information about Consular Section’s opening hours and closed holidays can be accessed at Consular Services Timing, Holidays. We follow Pacific Standard Time (PST). No prior appointment is necessary for walk-in applications. The Consulate General will not be responsible for loss of documents in the mail.
- Application forms should be filled-in completely. No column should be left blank. Incomplete form with vague entries shall not be accepted. If a question on the form is not relevant to the applicant, they should answer it as “Not applicable” instead of leaving it blank. A Child’s visa form can be signed by Father/ Mother.
- Each application would be processed separately. Copies of all required documents must be attached with each application.
- Issuance of visa is prerogative of the approving authority, Normally, if an application is approved, visa is issued in three (3) business days after it’s approval. To walkin applicants of Pakistan origin Americans, visas are issued same day. The processing time of other visa applicants may take 4-6 weeks or longer if the case is referred to Ministry of Interior, Islamabad for decision.
- The validity of visa cannot outrun the validity of passport on which it is affixed.
- The fee is accepted only in the form of Money Order or Cashier’s Checks made payable to Consulate General of Pakistan Los Angeles. CASH AND PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Visa fee is actually processing fee and is NON-REFUNDABALE EVEN IF VISA IS NOT ISSUED.
- Applicants can be asked to appear for interview or submit additional supporting documents over and above the below-mentioned requirements, if needed.
Requirements for Visa Application
A: Standard Requirements for all Categories of Visa:
- Valid Passport (must be valid at least for 6 months from travelling date) and one photocopy of first page with visa form
- Duly completed and signed visa form. Indian Nationals should fill-in Visa Form for Indian Nationals. Download Form
- Visa Fees in the form of money order or cashier’s check only, One collective money order for multiple applications can be made. Per application Visa fees on US passport is US $ 192.00 for Visit Visa, US $ 324.00 for Business Visa, and US $ 228.00 for Work/ Employment visa. Fees for passports of other countries can be found at Visa Fee Structure Chart
- 2 passport size colored photographs with white background. Indian Nationals should furnish 5 passport size photographs.
- A previous passports copy.
- Copy of local ID (Driver’s License or State ID), In case of absence of local ID, a copy of applicant’s latest utility bill can be provided as proof of residence within our area of jurisdiction. If the visa applicant is a child, a copy of his/ her birth certificate and a copy of both father’s and mother’s local ID will be required.
- For children under 16 years of age, mother’s as well as father’s notarized consent form, conveying no objection to issuance of visa to their child(ren) must be attached with visa application form, This consent form must be furnished even if the child is traveling with the parent (s).
- For non-US passport holders, a copy of proof of legal resident status in USA (Green Card/ Alien Registration Card/ Work Permit).
- If application is submitted through mail, a self addressed pre-paid return envelope with tracking number is needed. One return envelope for multiple applications for same address can be given provided it is pre-paid for due weight. On the return envelope, address of sender and receiver should be the same. Consulate should not be mentioned as a sender.
B: Specific Requirements for Various Categories of Visas:
In addition to fulfilling the above-given standard requirements, the applicant must fulfill the specific requirements for the category of visa he/she is applying for. The specific requirements for each category are given below:
Visit/ Tourist Visa
- Invitation Letter from host/ sponsor in Pakistan.
- Photocopy of host’s Pakistan ID, address & telephone number.
- If the purpose of visit is trekking/ mountaineering, the applicant must provide an Invitation letter from tour operator in Pakistan, Registration letter of tour operator and the Trekking/Expedition permit issued by the Gilgit-Baltistan Council.
- Last three month’s Bank Statement.
- A previous passports copy.
Family Visa (for Pakistani Americans and foreigners of Pakistani origin and their spouses & children):
A multiple entry visa with five year validity or up to the expiry date of the passport, whichever is earlier, may be issued to applicants of Pakistani origin and their children & spouses (except Indian and Afghan nationals) provided they furnish photocopy of front and back of applicant’s valid or expired Pakistani ID papers (such as NIC/CNIC/NICOP) OR a copy of name and picture pages of their valid or expired Pakistani passport. The Pakistani expired passport must not be older than 1972. If any applicant does not have Pakistani ID/Pakistani Passport of their own, they may provide a photocopy of their birth certificate along with photocopy of their Father’s or Mother’s Pak ID/Pak Passport (valid or expired). In case of spouse visa, photocopy of Spouse’s Pak ID/Pak Passport (valid or expired) with copy of marriage certificate to show the connection as a Pakistan origin must be provided.
- A duly signed original letter of invitation from the host company on its letterhead along with a proof of its registration with the relevant Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Pakistan.
- A duly signed original letter from the Employer in the US on company’s letterhead with a proof of registration of the company with the relevant US authorities and job description as well as details of the intended visit to Pakistan. If the applicant is owner of a business, company profile should be attached.
- Three months latest bank statements.
- A previous passports copy.
- A copy of state ID.
Work Visas are issued after approval of Ministry of Interior, Government of Pakistan. The applicant’s employing company in Pakistan should process this approval through Board of Investment, Islamabad.
A previous passports copy.
For NGO visa, please click HERE
The Journalist visa will be issued only on presentation of letter from the sponsoring publication and in consultation with our Press Attaché based in Embassy of Pakistan Washington D.C,
Diplomatic, Official, Military and Education- related visas
Diplomatic, Official, Military, Education- related and visas in connection with US-AID funded projects and universities partnership programs are processed by Embassy of Pakistan, Washington D.C. The applicants from our area of jurisdiction who wish to apply for any of these categories of visas, should send their applications directly to the Embassy of Pakistan in Washington D,C.
Pakistani Visa Fee for Various Countries other than the US
The Visa Fees shown in the chart below is for Visit/ Tourist Visa category. Work/ Business Visa Fees for nationals of all the following countries except USA will be 150% of the below-given Visit Visa fee. For Business & Work/ Employment visa fee for US nationals, please see the chart above.
Visa Fees for all other countries not listed below will be US $5 for Tourist/ Visit Visa and US $ I for Business/ Work Visa.