National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistani’s
WITH THE ADVENT OF ONLINE PROCESSING OF PAKISTANI IDENTITY CARDS, MANUAL BOOKING OF NICOP AND POC IS BEING STOPPED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT BY THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF PAKISTAN, LOS ANGELES. NO NEW APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED.
NICOP is an official identification document for Pakistani Citizens working / living abroad. NICOP can be produced for personal identification in place of Computerized NIC (CNIC) within Pakistan and abroad. The card is supposed to be produced at domestic or international entry or exit terminals. National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) ordinance envisages issuance of NICOP to Pakistani workers, immigrants, citizens, or Pakistanis holding dual nationality, having been registered under the NADRA Ordinance.
Benefits of NICOP
- Visa free entry into Pakistan on foreign passport
- Protection of rights that all Pakistanis enjoy
- Full recognition as a regular Pakistani citizen
- Can open bank account in Pakistan
- Can apply for Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
- Proof of Pakistan citizenship
- Permission to buy and sell property in Pakistan
Pakistani nationals willing to surrender their nationality are eligible to apply for POC Card.
All NICOP applications are processed and finalized at NADRA Head Quarters, Islamabad.
NICOP is now a mandatory requirement for all Pakistanis living in U.S for more than six months. This card is obligatory for all members of the family, including children who are under the age of 18 years.